Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Communism???

Has it ever occured to anyone that communism has never been tried on a national level?
Think about it. Every government I can think of that claimed to be communist was actually either a dictatorship or a totalitarian oligarcy. As far as I can tell communism has been historically used as a lubricant to wrest power and property from the people.
If any body can think of a case where genuine communism has been tried by a nation, please send me a comment, 'cause I can't think of one.

This reminds me of a joke:
Gorbachev was trying to impress his mother.
He took her to see his palace. She made no comment.
He took her to see a magnificent parade. She made no comment.
He fed her on the finest caviar and imported delicacies from around the world. Again, she made no comment.
Finally, he broke down and says, "Mother, is none of this wonderful to you?"
She replied, "Oh, yes, darling. I only worry what will happen to it all if the Communists ever come back to power."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home