Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Shalom

Recently London got blown up.
Before the smoke had cleared, before the victims had finished dieing, it was reported that the Israeli Embassy had received advanced warning of the attack, and did not warn the British government.
There was no basis for this accusation.
It sprang from pure, rank, anti-semitism.
Anti-semitism appears to pervade world government, and world wide media.
Everywhere you look it seem there’s sombody out there Jew hatin'.
There was the Holocaust (I’ve heard people say it never happened - that it was Jewish sympathy ploy).
Persecution in Russian goulogs. Even after 9-11 I heard rumors that all the Jews in the WTC were warned in advance & skipped work that day.
I don’t get it. What is this world wide fear & hatred of this people?
As far as I can tell they, as a people, haven’t ever done anything horrible.
Not like the German ovens, the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, PLO or IRA bombings of innocents.
As individuals, the ones that I’ve known have all been decent folks. The famous ones (mostly comedians) seem nice. Henry Kissinger once said, "Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad name." That slays me. Jesus turned water into wine, what a trick! And, matzo ball soup, yummy! They gave us the Bible, Christianity, and those priest and minister jokes just wouldn’t work without the rabbi.
We get along with Hindus, and Buddhists, and at least we claim to get along with the Muslims. Why hate the Jews?
So, If any of you out there hate Jews, or can shed some light on this whole anti-semitic thing, please, send me a comment explaining why, ‘cause I just don’t get it.

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I love Jews so much that I wish I was Jewish. Think about it--they're the "chosen people." I want to be a chosen people too! I've only had 2 Jewish friends that I can think of, and they're both nice. I'm surprised they're not bitter. Even when you demonstrate total ignorance about their religion they're cool. For example, I invited one of my Jewish friends to go to a seafood restaurant with me and some other folks once, and she politely explained some rule about shellfish. Some people freak the hell out if you say anything that shows you don't understand their weird ways. Vegetarians, for example. Ever unknowingly offer one a hot dog? God help you if you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home