Friday, October 28, 2005

Happy Halloween?

George Takai who played Lieutenant Sulu on the sixties television show "Star Trek" has come out of the closet, this week. Honestly, I don’t think he was too deep in the closet to begin with. He may not have been the only poof on the show though. Who can forget Scotty Hollerin’ "I’m givin’ ‘er all I got Captain." Hmmmm? I won’t get into the possible "Klingon", "Asteroids" & "Uranus" jokes. That’s too cheap even for me.
Of course there had to be some testosterone running around the Enterprise. Every chick on the ship was in a miniskirt & go-go boots. Even the aliens were hot. Who remembers the chick on the underground planet that wore the jumpsuit with two different color pant legs & the strappy things that went up over her tits? That episode was some prime after-school whack material right there buddy.
Did you ever wonder what they the crew of the Enterprise did all day? Sure, they fought aliens, and saved planets for an hour or so a day, but the rest of the time, what were they doing? Did Kirk just sit in his big chair, and watch his giant T.V. screen? Did it get any other channels besides the "Stars Going By" network? If it had been me, I’d have been goin’ "Hey, Ohura, come sit in my lap. Scotty, beam me a six-pack. Chekov, warm up those phasers. I wanna shoot somethin’!"
On a completely different note.
Earlier this week a woman hung herself in a tree next to a major thoroughfare. She hung up there most of the day in full view of hundreds of motorists & pedestrians. Apparently no one checked on her because they thought she was a Halloween decoration. I want to laugh my ass off over that, but decorum prevents.
When you think about it Halloween is weird time of the year. What other time of the year could you drive down the street with a truck load of dismembered bodies and not arouse suspicion? You could walk down the street with a hockey mask, a chainsaw, and a decapatated human head and not attract attention. You could slit someone’s throat on stage, and if you were wearing a Jack the Ripper costume you could probably get away with it.
Here’s wishing a happy Halloween to all the blogging ghoulies out there!

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL who the hell was surprised over him coming out? The last time I saw the man he had a like... scarf tied around his neck... gee i wonder??

and im sorry.. but i DID laugh. Thats just horribly funny!

I have a friend, Hippy who almost got arrested over one of those arms that was hanging out the back of his trunk… the Officer was not amused at all… but Hippy was. So was I! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home