Tuesday, July 26, 2005

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!


I just got back from the bank, and I have to get this down while the rage is still percolating in my soul.
On Friday afternoon, I knew that my checking account was running fairley low, so I took my paycheck to my employer’s bank & cashed it. Because, I knew that my bank had the asinine policy of not posting checks deposited after 2:00 pm on Friday until 2:00 pm on Tuesday. But, surely they would post cash immediately, right? It’s CASH!!! Next I went and paid a bill. The electric company has the new instant check verification thing. The bank (with my CASH MONEY!!! sitting in thier vault) paid the bill out of my overdraft, and charged me $15 for the service. I was blissfully unaware, confident that my account was flush with CASH! This morning I stopped at the ATM to pick up some cash for breakfast. My receipt showed that my account was in the red, and that they were charging me $5 a day until I deposited money to bring my account current. I went to the bank at lunch to see if there was some mistake. Nope. They charged me $5 for Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday (the charge acrues at noon & my CASH, FREAKIN’, MONEY, would not be posted to my account ‘til 2:00 pm. That’s $35 in fines. They even charged me $5 for Sunday when they aren’t even OPEN!!!
I explained my plight to the nice lady behind the desk who informed me that my account was only $14.33 short & if I could deposit that in cash before noon, she would post it immediately & I could avoid the today’s $5 fine.
I ran home, and scraped up some money & avoided the fine. Now, I sit here, my lunch hour nearly gone, with no food, because MY MONEY! is sitting in the bank waiting for the majic hour of 2:00 pm.
Ordinarily, I’m not a violent person, but I will have to wait ‘til an unaccustomed bout of bloodlust subsides before I can return to the bank.

4 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger TC Byrd said...

I feel ya, Bert.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I recommend leaving the hammer at home.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Bert,
I never knew the Bendigo Bank had a Hattisburg branch.
Do what I do, and send the bank a bill for your services and delays caused. Then when they refuse to pay the bill, you can put them on your debters list, and claim it back on tax.
HooRoo
Bec

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger The Misanthrope said...

You should have gone to the bank manager and complained. They tried that once with me and I complained and they withdrew the $35 fine.

It's the Republicans at work for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home