Monday, July 25, 2005

Graham Crackers

I bought some graham crackers the other day.
I don’t eat graham crackers.
I shoot at them.
I heard that graham crackers were invented by a minister named "Graham" in the nineteenth century as a substitute for sex.
I don’t know if this is true or not.
I’m too lazy to research it.
It’s not that important.
I don’t know what kind of sex Rev. Graham was trying to sub for, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the kind I’m familiar with.
But, as I said, I don’t eat graham crackers.
I shoot them.
I like to use an Israeli made Colt 1911.
Mine’s got 4.25 inch barrel, and a 7 shot magazine.
Colonel Jeff Cooper once said, "Some guns may be prettier. Some guns may be more accurate, or even more powerful. But, when something that wants to kill you is coming out of the dark an arms length away, you will understand the true value of the Colt 1911."
Col. Cooper also said, "The first thing to do in a gunfight is hide. . . .quickly."
I’ve never been in a gun fight.
I never want to be.
I just like shooting graham crackers.
It’s sort of like playing darts, or pool.
But, louder.
I wasn’t using my .45 yesterday though.
I was using a .22 automatic pistol made by Phoenix Arms Co.
.45 ACP cartridges cost $10 and up for a box of 50.
.22 LR cartridges cost about $1.50 for a box of 50.
The graham crackers don’t know the difference.
I went to a spot by the river that has a high clay bank on the opposite shore.
It makes a good backstop.
I throw the crackers up river, and shoot them as they go by.
They make nice slow moving targets that are biodegradable, so I don’t have to clean up after myself.
Just pick up the cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home