Monday, December 05, 2005

Sunday Brunch


Yesterday we has Sunday Brunch at 206.
A good time was had by all.
Sunday brunch is a wonderful tradition for those of us who would rather drink Mimosas and eat pastries than attend our local religious institutions.
206 has an incredible breakfast menu (I had the shrimp & asparagus omelette with polenta on the side & an alfredo sauce) I am particularly fond of the Cinnamon rolls & Roasted apples that come free with your meal
Mimosas and Bloody Marys are 2 for one.
The Bloody Mary are made with a mixture of garlic & other savory vegetables that they roast down in the kitchen & throw in a blender behind the bar. The Mimosas are made with fresh squeezed orange juice. Another favorite drink of the usual suspects is the "Southern Baptist" a shot of Bourbon in a tall glass of sweet, iced tea with a lemon. (It's named after the old joke: Q / How do you tell a Baptist from a Methodist? A / A Methodist will say, "Hey." to you in the liquor store.) Mississippi is notorious for our closet drinking Baptists. A friend brought their kid, so we all had coloring books & Hot Wheels cars to play with.
There was a new girl there who apparently has a blog, but I can’t seem to find it, so, if anybody out there knows what I’m talking about drop me a comment.
It was a nice sunny day spent on the Terrace of 206 overlooking lovely downtown Hattiespatch.
Y’all all need to come by next Sunday & hang out.
We’ll be waitin’ for ya.

3 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Mmmmmmm, I love Sunday brunches! In fact, yesterday morning, I made my own Sunday bruch for my girlfriend and me. I made a tomatoe/onion/asparagus and cheese omlet, with a nice spicy bloody mary. MMMM! Was soooo good! And cured our hangovers!

This post made me hungry again!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Deb said...

tomato* see?...not a perfect writer here...eh-hem!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest to the outstanding sunday brunch at 206. My favorites are the steak and eggs, eggs thibidoux, and huevos rancheros. 206 also makes the best mushroom soup. The 206 signature bloody mary is thicker than gazpacho and twice as good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home