Friday, July 15, 2005

POOT

Believe it or not, Adolf Hitler was terrified of becoming flatulent. His personal physician actually gave him daily injections to prevent it.
But, let’s face it. Every once in a while we’re all gonna let one rip.
And, they’re funny.
Face it we’ve all laughed at fart jokes or people farting at inappropriate times.
I remember once back when I was in Catholic School a nun farted in the middle of a math test. There we were, two dozen fourth graders, concentrating on multiplication, and square roots, and then . . . . "POOT". There it was. I don’t know if anyone smelt it, but there was no doubt who dealt it. At first there was a stunned, silent awe. Then, somewhere in the back of the classroom, a snicker. That’s all it took. The class broke down into a bedlam of laughter, and sympathetic farts, either real, forced, or simulated.
I have come up with two inventions to deal with problematic pooting.
The first is intended for venues where excessive farting might be expected (i.e.: chili cook-offs, Mexican restaurants, or Tandy’s house). It consists of seat cushions made out of that odor absorbing activated charcoal foam that they make "odor eater" insoles out of.
The other invention is intended for those who are afflicted with life threatening flatulence (The DNC, Ted Kennedy, and the ACLU come to mind.). It consists of a hollow butt plug that channels noxious emissions through a crescent shaped activated charcoal filter that is nestled comfortably between the ass cheeks.

6 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bert/Walley, I really enjoy your writing style. It seems somewhat familiar to me, but I just can't put my finger on it...

I'll make a deal with you: you keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger LHL said...

Bert,
Looks like we both know Tandy but not each other. Couldn't find your email address, so I'm making a comment unrelated to your post. You misquoted me in your response to my blog entry from July 12. You implied that I said that soldiers don't have to follow orders they don't agree with. I said something very different, but somewhat imprecisely. I said that soldiers are supposed to disobey orders "they know to be wrong."

What I should have said instead of "wrong" was "illegal." So my word choice left a little to be desired, but the point is valid.

And I don't need a lecture about supporting troops or appreciating freedom of speech. The best way to support the troops is to bring them home right this minute, and since that isn't going to happen anytime soon, I'll keep agitating for it.

I'm not sure what "forces in the world" you think are threatening to take away our rights that our "brave men"--that you've helpfully and patriotically instructed me not to "forget" or "denigrate"--are protecting us from. I wouldn't want to imply that you are talking about "terrorists," since you didn't say that directly. But if our troops were protecting us from the real threat to our freedom, they'd be occupying the Bush White House.

Thanks for reading my blog!

Clinton Kirby

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger TC Byrd said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger TC Byrd said...

Hey, that;s not nice, "Bert"!

And Clinton, way to defend your ideas, but you didn't think to defend my farty house, did ya?

It was like--"Hey, I know a Tandy. It couldn't be. . . . Oh, yeah, the Tandy with the farty house. That's the one."

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I've never been farted on at Tandy's house.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

if someone farts and no one's around to smell it, is it still a fart?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home