Monday, August 08, 2005

Dove Ad


I’d like to say something about the “Dove” ad just because everybody else is, and god knows I hate to be left off a band-wagon.
First let me say, I find all the chicks in the ad quite attractive. But, the point of using fat chicks (excuse me) rubenesque models was to catch your attention. It did. Hell, I’m even posting about it.

The problem is:
No cream can make your thighs firmer.
Are women really stupid enough to think it can?
Why do women believe the lies of cosmetic companies?
I know why the cosmetics companies keep lying, because women BELIEVE them.

Another thing:
When they say “firmer”, do they mean “harder” or “skinnier”?
If they mean skinnier why don’t they say skinnier?
If they mean harder, who wants hard thighs?
I’m imagining a giant pair of castanets.
Not attractive.

I can’t believe the billions of dollars that women spend on teaspoons of powdered gypsum, and colored lard in a fancy box.
Don’t get me wrong, men do stupid things too. (usually involving chicks who have discovered the proper combination of powdered gypsum, and colored lard)

In closing I would like to quote the inimitable Redd Foxx.
Beauty is only skin deep.
Ugly is to the bone.
Beauty soon will fade away.
But, ugly holds it’s own.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger TC Byrd said...

And don't get me started on douches. What the hell?? Ladies, it's self-cleaning.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Bert Ford said...

Tandy,
Concerning douches, I must quote Mr. G. Gordon Liddy, "If I'd wanted it to smell like peaches, I'd have fucked a peach."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home