Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Where are ya when we need ya, Duke?

I just heard that the movie that has the most nominations for Golden Globe awards is a flick called "Broke Back Mountain". How it got all these nominations I don’t know, because I can’t find anybody who’s seen it. Doesn’t that count for anything? I mean for a movie to get bunches of awards shouldn’t it be a movie that lots of people have gone to see? A lot more people went to see Mel Gibson’s Jesus movie than are ever going to hear about "Broke Back Mountain", but did Mel get any positive recognition from Hollywood? Nope. Of course, Mel can sit back on the half BILLION dollars he made off his movie & tell Hollywood to bite him.
I know why this movie is getting all these awards. It’s because the movie is about gay cowboys.
Hollywood hates America. More specifically Hollywood hates heterosexual white conservative male christians. And there are few things that are more heterosexual white conservative male christian than cowboys. Heterosexual white conservative male christian are the only discrete group left in the world that it’s still okay to hate and ridicule, but that’s okay because heterosexual white conservative male christians are the only group left that can take a little ridicule without bitching about it. But, I’m afraid the line must be drawn at cowboys. There are no gay cowboys. Never have been, never will be. I’m not gay bashing, or anything here. Anybody who knows me knows I could give a shit who you’re boning. I’m just saying there are no gay cowboys. Just ask John Wayne.
Where are ya when we need ya, Duke?

13 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlboro Man

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Bert,
But wasn't the Duke's first name Marion?
I am sure there were no gay cowboys, but I bet a few of them have slept with guys who are gay. :-P
HooRoo
Rebecca

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Bert Ford said...

I don't smoke.
Too many cowboys die of cancer.
Including The Duke, whose original name was Marion Michael Morrison.
What's wrong with Marion?
He still kicks ass.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would dare say that the wild west had the same "don't ask, don't .." ehh, you get it. Looooonnnnnng rides on the range. I promise you, some cowboy accepted some offer to be held tightly under the stars.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bert Ford said...

There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.
There are no gay cowboys.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Oh…well let me speak upon this. Since I am in the ~gay loop~ here, I do know a cowboy who is gay. He wears the cowboy gear, he has his own ranch, and is quite rugged looking. There are very masculine gay men out there believe it or not. You don’t see them that often, ~because~ you would never suspect they were gay.

Think about it. Sorry to ruin your delusion of what a gay man should look like.

*wink*

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Bert Ford said...

*Bert puts hands over metaphorical ears*
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
There is no Loch Ness monster!
There is no Big Foot!
There is no Easter Bunny!
There are no gay cowboys!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. My Dad's name is Marion, you go tell him he is gay, he has the same denial as Wally(bert ford)
2. I actually think of most guys that have this denial as actually being a repressed homosexual.
3. I AM NOT GAY!
4. ~deb still wants me and Wally needs to look at his asshole, make sure it is pretty for his first time.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO The Duke... got a wooden clock on my wall of the Duke that used to belong to my dad :-)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Bert Ford said...

I never accused anyone of being a lisping-Wicked-Witch-quoting-Donna-Summer-listening-drag-queen stereotype. I never said anything about guys named Marion. I know a number of gay men who do not appear in the least unmasculine, they just aren't cowboys.

Because, there are no gay cowboys.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I can only assume at this point that you WON'T be going to see the movie Brokeback Mountain?

Besides, after looking at the backside of a cow for awhile out on the range, I'm betting a tight ass in a pair of levis starts looking pretty darn good.

Ah, the good ole' days when men were men and cows were scared.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cowboys...heh. See them bitches on sunday. I would dare say anyone in a cowboys uniform is as effeminate as Liberache. Kinda think he would have scored more points.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

OH!OH!OH! I just remembered.....

There was definitely a cowboy in the Village People!!

Come on, put your hands in the air and sing it...you know you want to... Y. M. C. A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home